Teenage girl treated for burns after iPhone 5c in her back pocket catches fire while she was in class

Saturday, February 01, 2014

Ruined: The green iPhone 5C is blackened and broken after the fire

A teenager from Maine, US, suffered second-degree burns when her iPhone caught fire in her pocket while she was at school.

The girl, who has not been named, was burned on the thigh and back when her iPhone 5C started smouldering in her back pocket.

Classmates heard a pop and saw smoke billowing around the 14-year-old, who had to remove her pants in class to get away from the fire.

The girl, who has not been named, had just arrived for her French class at a Kennebunk middle school. 
'She knew right away something was wrong and, in a panic, knew her pants were on fire caused by the cell phone,' principal Jeff Rodman told the Morning Sentinel.


Kanyi Okeke's Blog

Got real life stories, gossip, tip-off, happening-right-now photos, compelling and inspiring stories to share? Send us an email: info@kanyiokeke.com or tag us on Twitter: @KanyiOkeke. You can also send us stories and pictures through whatsapp 08056663554

You Might Also Like

0 Comments, Add Yours

KanyiOkeke.com has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any comment. KanyiOkeke.com does not monitor the comments consistently and takes no responsibility for comments posted by our readers.

The thoughts, views and opinions of KanyiOkeke.com readers does not reflect those of KanyiOkeke.com, it’s affiliates or employees.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging Easier