57 Chibok Girls Who Escaped From Boko Haram Gain Admission Into US SchoolsTuesday, August 26, 2014
The Centre for Promotion of Ethics, Values and National Integration (CENPEVNI), has said that it has secured admission for the 57 escaped Chibok school girls from a school in the United States of America (USA), through its collaboration with other groups.
The executive director of the group, and project coordinator, Rehabilitation and Reintegration Outreach Mission (RROM), Dr Mercy Sokomba, stated this in Abuja, at a one day Stakeholders Interactive Session on Effective Victim Support Strategies.
She said, offers for completion of education of the girls, inclusive of scholarship has been made to RROM through Stefanos Foundation and the international support groups of RROM.
“The reality of this particular offer is if the girls are ready for another form of separation from their parents. However, we have initiated discussions with some leadership of the Chibok community and at some point will meet with them and the parents for consent,” she said.
Sokomba however said that they hope that the funds and support partnership will consistently get to RROM for project sustainability within scheduled time frame so as not to hinder the progress the outreach mission has made so far.
Commending the efforts of the federal government in the fight against insurgency, Sokomba prayed and pleaded for a quick resolution of the Boko Haram saga and safe return of the abducted Chibok girls and many other women and children abducted earlier or after the Chibok girls.
According to her, “The end of terrorism will bring an end to the loss of lives and properties.”